Can connect to MySQL 4.0 in Debian, but can not execute SELECT

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding MyDAC (Data Access Components for MySQL) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
jarot

Can connect to MySQL 4.0 in Debian, but can not execute SELECT

Post by jarot » Wed 04 Jan 2006 04:17

I use MyDAC 4.0.0.13 Trial version for Delphi 7 on Windows XP. I Tried to connect to MySQL server version 4.0.24_Debian-10-Log.

Procedure TryToConnect;
begin
MyConnection.Connect; //succesful
MyQuery1.SQL.Text := 'SELECT * from Table001';
MyQuery1.Open; //failed, "table mydb.Table001 doesn't exist"
end;

I use libmysql.dll from MySQL 4.1.8 and 4.0.17. Both failed, same error message.

Ikar

Post by Ikar » Wed 04 Jan 2006 14:38

Please check MyConnection.Database value.

jarot

Re: Can connect to MySQL 4.0 in Debian, but can not execute SELECT

Post by jarot » Sun 08 Jan 2006 09:16

Thanks for the reply. I fixed the problem.

It's the case-sensitivity for database and table names in Linux systems. This happened because I developed the database and application using MS Windows. When I executed this on Windows:

create table Table001 ( FieldA varchar(2), FieldB varchar(2) );

Instead of creating table "Table001", it created "table001", which caused problem when the exact database was copied from Windows to Linux system.

The solution without rewriting the application's SQL scripts: run the create scripts on the Linux system.

eduardosic

Re: Can connect to MySQL 4.0 in Debian, but can not execute SELECT

Post by eduardosic » Wed 18 Jan 2006 02:53

jarot wrote:Thanks for the reply. I fixed the problem.

It's the case-sensitivity for database and table names in Linux systems. This happened because I developed the database and application using MS Windows. When I executed this on Windows:

create table Table001 ( FieldA varchar(2), FieldB varchar(2) );

Instead of creating table "Table001", it created "table001", which caused problem when the exact database was copied from Windows to Linux system.

The solution without rewriting the application's SQL scripts: run the create scripts on the Linux system.
jarot, please, mySQL running in Linux is more fast then running in Windows? escuse my bad english..