Updating BigCommerce Inventory Values

Discussion of issues, suggestions and bugs of Devart SSIS Data Flow Components, our product line for building SSIS-based ETL solutions, performing data access to popular cloud applications and databases.
jimAtXR

Updating BigCommerce Inventory Values

Post by jimAtXR » Tue 19 Sep 2017 22:24

I need to update the inventory level for product on the website that is tracked at the product and sku level. Updating the sku tracked items I would use BigCommerce API "UpdateSKUInventoryLevel" and for the product tracked items I would use "UpdateProductInventoryLevel". In the SSIS BigCommerce Destination task I don't see these options to update inventory.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Updating BigCommerce Inventory Values

Post by Pinturiccio » Tue 26 Sep 2017 14:36

Please provide the links to the BigCommerce API documentation, where "UpdateSKUInventoryLevel" and "UpdateProductInventoryLevel" are described. If you want to update Product inventory level, then you need to update Products object, and its InventoryLevel field.

jimAtXR

Post by jimAtXR » Tue 26 Sep 2017 15:51

The UpdateProductInventoryLevel and UpdateSKUInventoryLevel are referenced from the WSDL and I am using soap. The documentation for BigCommerce V2/V3 show the two methods under Products and SKUs using Update.

https://developer.bigcommerce.com/api/v ... -a-product
https://developer.bigcommerce.com/api/v ... roduct-sku

I need the update for both inventory values. Product inventory is for items that don't have options like color or size. The SKU inventory covers the other items that are tracked separately, but grouped under one general product name.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 29 Sep 2017 15:40

SSIS Data Flow Components for BigCommerce works via REST API.

The Products and ProductSkus objects are available via our interface. Both Products.InventoryLevel and ProductSkus.InventoryLevel are updatable.

Could you please clarify the additional functionality you need?