Code page issue in MySQL SSIS Destination

Discussion of issues, suggestions and bugs of Devart SSIS Data Flow Components, our product line for building SSIS-based ETL solutions, performing data access to popular cloud applications and databases.
philippecand

Code page issue in MySQL SSIS Destination

Post by philippecand » Wed 23 Aug 2017 11:40

Hello,
I am experiencing issues when attempting to copy data from a MySQL DB to another one.
I am getting errors like the example bellow. The error code may slightly change depending if the unsupported char is a ' or a à a é or / or anything else. I tried to change the locale of the data flow and or the locale of the destination and It will keep returning same error.
What could I do?

[article Destination [2]] Error: System.Exception: An exception has occured during data processing, the message returned from the provider is:
Incorrect string value: '\x92hiver' for column 'titre' at row 1 ---> Devart.Data.MySql.iy: Incorrect string value: '\x92hiver' for column 'titre' at row 1
at Devart.Data.MySql.kd.b()
at Devart.Data.MySql.kd.w()
at Devart.Data.MySql.b.a(cr[]& A_0, Int32& A_1, Boolean A_2)
at Devart.Data.MySql.b.a(Byte[] A_0, Int32 A_1, Boolean A_2, String A_3)
at Devart.Data.MySql.ch.p()
at Devart.Data.MySql.ch.c(Boolean A_0)
at Devart.Data.MySql.ch.g()
at Devart.SSIS.Common.DestinationComponentBase.a.b()
at Devart.SSIS.Common.PipelineComponentBase.FailoverCall[T](Func`1 call)
at Devart.SSIS.Common.DestinationComponentBase.ProcessInput(Int32 inputID, PipelineBuffer buffer)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Devart.SSIS.Common.DestinationComponentBase.ProcessInput(Int32 inputID, PipelineBuffer buffer)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostProcessInput(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper, Int32 inputID, IDTSBuffer100 pDTSBuffer, IntPtr bufferWirePacket)

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Code page issue in MySQL SSIS Destination

Post by Shalex » Thu 24 Aug 2017 12:49

Please try setting "Unicode=true;" (or "Character set='auto';") in your connection string. Does this help?