Licensing - How Does it Work

Discussion of issues, suggestions and bugs of Devart SSIS Data Flow Components, our product line for building SSIS-based ETL solutions, performing data access to popular cloud applications and databases.
JonathanGregorsky

Licensing - How Does it Work

Post by JonathanGregorsky » Mon 01 May 2017 13:30

Hello!

I have purchased the SSIS Data Flow Components for Salesforce. Can you help to clarify the following questions with respect to licensing?

* Is licensing per machine or per seat?
* If I want to develop on my machine, but use the component in production to run as part of SQL Server Agent jobs, what is the licensing implication (and how is this implemented)?

Thank you in advance,

Jonathan

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Licensing - How Does it Work

Post by Shalex » Mon 01 May 2017 15:53

A licensed user is entitled to:
* install and use the Software on one or more development workstations, provided it is used by 1 (one) developer for the sole purposes of developing and testing applications; and
* install and use the Software on 1 (one) server for deploying your Integration Services packages.
If you want to install and use it on more servers, you need to buy additional licenses.

For more information, refer to C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\SSIS Data Flow\License.rtf (file is created by the SSIS Data Flow Components installation).