Catastrophic error when a SDAC DataSet connected to a provider have calculated fields in Tokio and SDAC 8.0.2

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
jachguate

Catastrophic error when a SDAC DataSet connected to a provider have calculated fields in Tokio and SDAC 8.0.2

Post by jachguate » Tue 22 Aug 2017 15:41

I'm experiencing an error since I have upgraded a project to Tokio and SDAC 8.0.2.

To reproduce the issue, follow these steps:
  • Start a new VCL project
  • Drop a TMSConnection, TMSQuery, TDataSetProvider, TClientDataSet and TButton to the form
  • Configure and open the connection, write a valid SQL for the MSQuery1 component and add all fields
  • Create a new calculated field on MSQuery1
  • Set MSQuery1 as the DataSet property of the DataSetProvider1 component
  • Set 'DataSetProvider1' as the ProviderName property of the ClientDataSet1 component
  • Write a OnClick event handler to the Button1 component with this code:

Code: Select all

ClientDataSet1.Open
Run the project and click on the Button1 on the form.

The catastrophic error message will show. Prior to that, the IDE reports a AccessViolation error:

Code: Select all

Project Project1.exe raised exception class $C0000005 with message 'access violation at 0x00860a18: read of address 0x00000008'.
I have no access to my previous dev environment, so I'm not sure if the issue is related to the upgrade to Toko or related to the upgrade to 8.0.2 (from 7.3.14).

I've isolated the problem and to be sure the issue is related to SDAC, I've done the same setup using ADO, and it works fine.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: Catastrophic error when a SDAC DataSet connected to a provider have calculated fields in Tokio and SDAC 8.0.2

Post by ViktorV » Wed 23 Aug 2017 11:49

Thank you for the information. We have reproduced the problem and it will be fixed in the next build.