Migration Wizard menu option not displayed

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding SDAC (SQL Server Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Rich31

Migration Wizard menu option not displayed

Post by Rich31 » Thu 28 Aug 2014 19:55

I'm running on a Windows XP machine migrating Delphi 5 BDE/ADO applications. Recently my machine was disconnected from our network and I now run stand alone
from a local machine account. Everything seems to work fine in this environment, but today I attempted to run the migration wizard and noticed that the menu option no longer appears under the SDAC menu in the Borland Delphi 5 IDE. I notice that in my c:\Program Files\Devart\SDAC for Delphi 5\Bin folder there is a msmigwizard50.dll file. Does anyone know how to get Delphi to display the menu option again so that I can run the BDE Migration Wizard? Thanks!

azyk
Devart Team

Re: Migration Wizard menu option not displayed

Post by azyk » Fri 29 Aug 2014 07:51

The Migration Wizard item may be absent in the SDAC menu in your case due to absence of the value with the msmigwizard name in the registry key.

To solve the problem, do the following:

- Close Delphi
- Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe)
- Locate the following key in the registry - [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Borland\Delphi\5.0\Experts]
- Select Edit->New->String Value and add a registry value name msmigwizard.
- Double-click on the registry value, enter the full path to the msmigwizard50.dll library in the data and click OK.
- Close Registry Editor.

Now, after starting Delphi, the SDAC menu must contain the Migration Wizard item.

Rich31

Post by Rich31 » Fri 29 Aug 2014 18:22

That worked great. Thank you for the quick response!

azyk
Devart Team

Post by azyk » Tue 02 Sep 2014 10:43

It is good to see that the problem has been solved. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.