Trial License file not generated ?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of ODBC Drivers
Mark_in_STL

Trial License file not generated ?

Post by Mark_in_STL » Tue 07 Mar 2017 03:21

We are attempting to evaluate the odbc driver for Azure sql driver.
I enter TRIAL when prompted for license key.
However any attempt to connect to an Azure sql instance results in: DIAG [08001] [Devart][ODBC][Microsoft SQL Server]Invalid license key

Based on other posts, I think I should expect to find a file named 'License' in the /usr/local/devart/odbcsqlazure/lib but there is none. There is a cryptically named file .shHjtQn_EUg
Not sure what to try next. Please tell me if I'm doing something wrong here.

Platform is linux
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.8 (Santiago)
uname -a output:
Linux xxxxxxxx.xxxx.corp.net 2.6.32-642.4.2.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Aug 15 02:06:41 EDT 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

( fyi, unixodbc is working for other drivers )

Mark_in_STL

Re: Trial License file not generated ?

Post by Mark_in_STL » Wed 08 Mar 2017 16:54

I did get a reply from Devart that basically told me to follow the instructions in the manual which I have been doing. I tried typing in TRIAL when prompted and also tried just hitting enter to let it default. In both cases I still do not get a license file.

Any ideas ?

gerham

Post by gerham » Fri 10 Mar 2017 01:45

We had lots of troubles to.

So check the permissions on the devart sub folders. Are the readable by the driver. My recollections is that the permissions get reset to root only readable

I now know that before I run the devart scripted upgrade I make a copy of the Licence file as it seems to delete it. Then I move it back in and make it readable.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Tue 21 Mar 2017 15:02

Mark_in_STL wrote:I did get a reply from Devart that basically told me to follow the instructions in the manual which I have been doing. I tried typing in TRIAL when prompted and also tried just hitting enter to let it default. In both cases I still do not get a license file.

Any ideas ?
Thank you for the information. We have reproduced the issue and investigation is in progress. We will inform you when we have any results.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Tue 21 Mar 2017 15:02

Mark_in_STL wrote:I did get a reply from Devart that basically told me to follow the instructions in the manual which I have been doing. I tried typing in TRIAL when prompted and also tried just hitting enter to let it default. In both cases I still do not get a license file.

Any ideas ?
Thank you for the information. We have reproduced the issue and investigation is in progress. We will inform you when we have any results.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Wed 22 Mar 2017 14:34

We have fixed the error 'Invalid license key'. This fix will be included in the next ODBC Driver for SQL Azure build.
You can download a trial night build with the fix by the following link: https://www.devart.com/pub/dac/devartod ... -linux.tar