Entity Developer

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding EntityDAC
rbeeston

Entity Developer

Post by rbeeston » Thu 26 Jan 2017 16:41

Hello,
I'm confused, the entity developer help has lots of references to column mappings, unique constraints etc. But i can't find any matching dialogues to actually allow me to setup these things. This is stopping me adding an association between two tables as i end up with an error
"Error: There is no unique constraint matching given keys for referenced table"
The help says there is a "Column Editor" which allows you to check a "Unique" box... this is supposedly visible from a "..." button in the column field of the property editor or the class editor. Nope not visible on my machine??!?!
Help!

AlexP
Devart Team

Re: Entity Developer

Post by AlexP » Fri 27 Jan 2017 08:58

Please specify what connection you want to implement one to one, one to many, etc.

rbeeston

Post by rbeeston » Thu 02 Feb 2017 14:01

Hi,
I think i tried all the various options but never got anything to do what i wanted.

I actually want a one-to-many. e.g. A "request" refers to/is for a "price list". So in database terms a "price list" has many "request"s.

Will try again later, but i trashed the model during my messing (in frustration).

Thanks

rbeeston

Post by rbeeston » Thu 09 Feb 2017 12:44

Hello,
I have got this working now... still can't find the options that the manual/help describes but in rebuilding the model it now works. Don't know what i did differently.
If i need them in future how do i find those options that are magic and hidden?
Thanks

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Mon 24 Apr 2017 11:46

You can specify a sign of uniqueness in PropertyEditor -> Unique = True