Bad bind variable

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ODAC (Oracle Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
upscene

Bad bind variable

Post by upscene » Fri 25 Mar 2005 08:14

Hello,

Quite a while ago, I reported the above error while compiling a procedure and checking for errors. Then, I was using the NET option. This bug has been fixed...

Now, I'm trying a TNS connection, and the same error happens. Can this be fixed as well :-)

The bug should be described in this forum...

--
Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions

Alex

Post by Alex » Fri 25 Mar 2005 15:38

As I understand You mention "ORA-01003: no statement parsed" topic. I couldn't reproduce your problem. As expected I got "PLS-00049: Bad bind variable" message.
If You mean the fact that an exception raises here, then You should take into account that in this situation ODAC NET does not support warnings, thus hiding any exceptions that might appears, while in Native mode ODAC signalizes about the Oracle warning with exception. If it breaks your program flow then You can wrap all execution code in Try-Except blocks, if You use TOraScript object then write OnError event handler.

upscene

Post by upscene » Mon 28 Mar 2005 14:08

Hello Alex,

This error is raised on an CREATE PROCEDURE statement. As far as I understood, Oracle then saves the procedure as an "invalid" one and you can get the error via the ALL_ERRORS view. This works perfectly in ODAC with the NET option, but raises an exception (on the CREATE) with the native option...

Hence, my application (that allows to save procedures and check for errors (being 1 or multiple errors via the view)) now fails with an exception if connected via Native and shows the errors in a neat GUI when connected with the NET option.

This does not make sense, does it?

--
Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions