Using Oracle Database links.

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ODAC (Oracle Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
jjeffman

Using Oracle Database links.

Post by jjeffman » Fri 18 Mar 2005 11:37

I am making applications using C++Builder 5.0, ODAC components from version 4.50.2.19 and Ora Tools Add version 2.55.3.14, which mostly run n Windows 2000 Professional or Windows XP.

We have the follow scenario :
Two Oracle servers running on two different machines connected by a LAN (TCP/IP). One of them (GSEE8i) is running the Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.0 version and the other (GSEE9i) is running the Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 . I've created a database link on the GSEE8i to connect to the GSEE9i, and it works fine using SQL*Plus or even with the ODAC components at design time.
At runtime the applications are rising an "ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel" error :( . I wonder if is there any other setup task to be made. One of my applications works very fine on another similar environment, at the production site.

Can anybody help me please on this matter ?

Paul

Post by Paul » Mon 21 Mar 2005 12:14

It look like a problem of Oracle OCI. But results must be the same. ODAC uses one code at design-time and run-time. Possibly you are using different homes (Oracle clients) when you run your application.