TORASession and Pooling

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ODAC (Oracle Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
jofemalo

TORASession and Pooling

Post by jofemalo » Tue 06 Jun 2017 14:15

Hello,

I am building an application with Delphi 7, this app run 15 SQLs, every SQL return a number (count). I am doing with threads and the execution is parallel, but I only am using a Session so the SQLs running sequentially. I have seen the properties of TORASession and I have tried with pooling but sure I am doing it wrong.
The question would be, ¿Could I run 15 SQLs in parallel with a only TORASession?, ¿How can I do it?

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: TORASession and Pooling

Post by MaximG » Fri 09 Jun 2017 11:16

Using Pooling Connection in your case will not help to solve the required issue. This mode of work is developed to organize a set of multiple connections and use
each of them without the need to execute the full connection process. Detailed information about this mode is available at: https://www.devart.com/odac/docs/?work_pooling.htm
ODAC is thread-safe, but if you need to run multiple parallel queries in different threads, we recommend using a separate connection for each thread.