Error EAssertionFailed while using collection params with TCustomOraPackage

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ODAC (Oracle Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
CkzY

Error EAssertionFailed while using collection params with TCustomOraPackage

Post by CkzY » Tue 30 May 2017 09:04

Hi, Team.
We using ODAC for quite time now and very satisfied with it, but after upgrade from version 9.7 to 10.0.2 we started to have a problem with using collections for params using TCustomOraPackage.
My package (wrapped with Oracle Package Wizard) contains pl/sql collection type

Code: Select all

type tl_number_coll is table of number index by binary_integer;
and procedure

Code: Select all

procedure some_procedure
(
    p_example_coll     in tl_number_coll,   -- some collection
    p_example_flag     in number,           -- some flag
    p_example_cursor  out sys_refcursor     -- result cursor
);
When I execute this procedure I get EAssertionFailed in DBAccess.pas at line 17580 (but only in cases when I pass 2+ elements in collection).
After some research I found the cause - in TDBAccessUtils.CheckArrayType not taken into account that TCustomOraPackage also has TOraParams field.
Would you like to suggest - what I can do with this problem (or make the fix - I would be much appreciated).

With best regards, Alexey.

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: Error EAssertionFailed while using collection params with TCustomOraPackage

Post by MaximG » Fri 02 Jun 2017 05:13

Thank you for the information. We have reproduced the issue and will investigate its origin. We will inform you about the results shortly.

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: Error EAssertionFailed while using collection params with TCustomOraPackage

Post by MaximG » Fri 23 Jun 2017 05:42

Thank you for the information. We have reproduced the problem and fixed the bug. The fix will be included in the next ODAC build. Currently, we can send you a night build of ODAC with the fix. For this, please specify your license number and the exact version of Delphi you are using
via the e-support form ( https://www.devart.com menu "Support"\"Request Support" )