runtime error when running unins001.exe

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ODAC (Oracle Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Giantt

runtime error when running unins001.exe

Post by Giantt » Mon 08 May 2017 12:02

I downloaded the new ODAC components (trial version) for Delphi 7. The first step in installing them is removing the old version (8.6.11). Uninstalling using the standard Windows options doesn't work so I tried running unins001.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\Borland\Delphi7\LibJVP\ODAC7\ODAC for Delphi 7\Uninstall.
The error reads:

Runtime error (at 181:2647):
Cannot open file C:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi7\LibJVP\ODAC7\ODAC for Delphi 7\Uninstall\InstallicoImage.bmp.

I understand the error, the file is not in C:\Program Files\.... but in C:\Program Files (x86)\...., where also unins001.exe is located. The erroneous directory (C:\Program Files\...) is in unins001.dat but I cannot change it. How to proceed in deleting the old ODAC version?

Any help would be welcome, I am not a Windows, Delphi or ODAC expert.

Kind regards,
Sandra Bellekom

Giantt

Re: runtime error when running unins001.exe

Post by Giantt » Wed 10 May 2017 13:40

In the meantime I manually removed the old ODAC. Hopefully I have found and deleted all parts of the old ODAC system and have not left any files or setting somewhere.

Kind regards,
Sandra

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: runtime error when running unins001.exe

Post by MaximG » Thu 11 May 2017 06:37

We are glad that the problem was resolved. Possibly, in order to avoid manual uninstallation of the previous ODAC version, you could try to reinstall the version of ODAC 8.6.11, and then uninstall this version using standard installer.