Unable to find record. No key specified

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ODAC (Oracle Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
radub

Re: Unable to find record. No key specified

Post by radub » Tue 06 May 2014 13:50

You have previously replied (march, 26th) that you have reproduced the problem, the error from title.

Now you you are talking about another one, "Record not found or changed by another user", which I didn't mentioned anything about it and have nothing to do with my issue.

Please respond to my problem!

Unable to find record. No key specified

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Wed 07 May 2014 11:42

The 'Unable to find record. No key specified' error occurs when the KeyFields property value is not set. If this value is set - the 'Record not found or changed by another user' error occurs in both versions.

radub

Post by radub » Wed 07 May 2014 19:42

I have the impression that am talking with the wrong guy!
"The 'Unable to find record. No key specified' error occurs when the KeyFields property value is not set", I am aware of this, because on the very first post of this issue I've specified this. And I also specified that is impossible to modify in all the applications.

But, please also read that this problem DOESN'T OCCUR in the 6.90 version, so I demand you to correct YOUR introduced bugs.
I want the engine to function as is in the 6.90 version.

I still have patience to wait for this, but not for long time.

AlexP
Devart Team

Post by AlexP » Tue 13 May 2014 10:48

Please create a sample reproducing the problem on the latest ODAC version and working fine on previous versions.

KMLurding

Post by KMLurding » Thu 02 Mar 2017 19:39

Was this issue ever resolved or is there a workaround? I am converting a database from DBExpress to ODAC using the most current version and running into the same problem.

Thanks!

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Tue 25 Apr 2017 12:44

Unfortunately, we could not reproduce the described problem when using the latest ODAC version. For further problem investigation, please, via the e-support form (https://www.devart.com menu "Support"\"Request Support" ) send us a source code of a small project, execution of which causes the problem.