DELPHI 5 ODAC TRIAL VERSION - IS IT SOURCE CODE

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ODAC (Oracle Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
nigellong

DELPHI 5 ODAC TRIAL VERSION - IS IT SOURCE CODE

Post by nigellong » Mon 29 Oct 2012 14:51

Hi -

Just downloaded the trial version of the Delphi5 ODAC with a view to purchase it if it allows us to compile some 3rd-party legacy Delphi5 source-code we've just obtained that didn't include ODAC.

My question is: does the trial version of the Delphi5 ODAC include the source code?

The vendor for the Delphi5 prject tells us:

"If a source code version [of ODAC] was used, then the missing .bpl files should be in “C:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi5\Components\odac\Source\Delphi5\ "

Well, I don't seem to have a Delphi5 folder within the Source folder...and certainly not some .bpl files - all that is in the Source folder is a ConnectForm.pas file. This seems to imply that the trial version doesn't include Source Code... or do I need to do something (this is new to me and the vendor's instructions are pretty minimal)?

Can anyone confirm / deny that the trial version contains Source Code?

Obviously, we just wanted to try this out and check it worked before we paid for anything.

Many thanks, Nigel

AlexP
Devart Team

Re: DELPHI 5 ODAC TRIAL VERSION - IS IT SOURCE CODE

Post by AlexP » Tue 30 Oct 2012 09:41

Hello,

The sources are not included in the trial version. To get access to the ODAC sources, you should purchase ODAC Professional Edition with source code.

jpcpro68

Post by jpcpro68 » Wed 30 Aug 2017 14:50

is there a component package available for Delphi5 ?
Even an old install ? I cannot find it.

Also where are the demo programs for new Delphi users ?

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Wed 30 Aug 2017 15:12

Unfortunately, we have discontinued support for Delphi 5 for a long time. The oldest supported IDE version is Delphi 6. See more detailed info about supported IDE versions at : https://www.devart.com/odac/compatibility.html You can get acquainted with the new features of our product by downloading the Trial version: https://www.devart.com/odac/download.html