Invalid credentials with upgrade to v3.6.x

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding code review tool for Visual Studio – Review Assistant
ssaini

Invalid credentials with upgrade to v3.6.x

Post by ssaini » Thu 06 Apr 2017 22:16

I am trying to upgrade Review Assistant v3.2.x to v3.6.x. Followed all the instructions on how to migrate to 3.5 or higher. For my connection string I tried both
Server = MYLABSERVER; Database = ReviewAssistant; Integrated Security = True
or
Server = MYLABSERVER; Database = ReviewAssistant; Integrated Security = False; User ID = ra; Password = user_password

In the first case using the active directory authentication and in second created user ra in SQL server.

For both scenarios the Test connection passes. But when I try to connect from Visual Studio 2017 Client I always gets Invalid Credentials message.
What am I missing? I can send the fidder trace if that's required. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Shashi

SvetlanaL

Re: Invalid credentials with upgrade to v3.6.x

Post by SvetlanaL » Fri 07 Apr 2017 12:53

Hi, Shashi
Thank you for reporting the problem. Please try solving this problem in the following way: https://www.devart.com/review-assistant ... ssues.html.

If it does not help, please provide us with the following additional information:
1 Can you connect as Admin
User: Admin
Password: Admin?
2 Do you have users in the Users table?
Server = MYLABSERVER -> Database = ReviewAssistant -> Table Users
3 Do you have the Review Assistant database or the .bak file of this database in the C:\ProgramData\Devart\Review Assistant folder?
4 Send Review Assistant Log to us
%SystemRoot%\System32\Winevt\Logs\Devart Review Assistant.evtx

ssaini

Post by ssaini » Fri 07 Apr 2017 21:22

I did followed this document https://www.devart.com/review-assistant ... ssues.html but it didn't helped.
Login with Admin/ Admin didn't worked either
I do have some some of my coworkers as users in the Users table. But I am not there though.
I do have ReviewAssistant.db file when I upgraded it got renamed to .bak
How do you want me to send the Devart Review Assistant.evtx file? I think I cannot attach it here.

SvetlanaL

Post by SvetlanaL » Mon 10 Apr 2017 08:18

Hi, Shashi

Thank you for your reply. We analyzed your log and concluded that migration had finished successfully. Please verify that you connect to the Review Assistant server with the same credentials that you used for connection before database migration. If it is so, then try to migrate the Review Assistant database one more time without reinstalling v3.6 using the following steps:
1 Rename the ReviewAssistant.bak file to ReviewAssistant.db in the C:\ProgramData\Devart\Review Assistant folder.
2 Create a new empty ReviewAssistant database on your SQL Server.
3 Open Configuration wizard.
C:\Program Files\Devart\Review Assistant\ReviewAssistantServerConfig.exe file
4 Specify the connection string
5 Click Save and Close

If the problem remains, please send us the ReviewAssistant.bak file and the user credentials you have problems with. We will use them solely for reproducing the problem and will not pass this information to third parties.

ssaini

Post by ssaini » Tue 11 Apr 2017 15:34

For some reason after the update the Admin password was reset and it was not Admin. After sneaking in the DB we got the right passwsord for the Admin and was able to login via Admin and that password when we selected Review Assistant Authentication in Visual Studio Plugin. Also later right logon credentials were added to the Devart Review Assistant Windows Service at logon tab, that allowed me to login via my active directory .
Thanks for your help to dig it little bit deeper to resolve this issue.