Constraint Violated 'User has already been added' when importing project

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding code review tool for Visual Studio – Review Assistant
frankAS

Constraint Violated 'User has already been added' when importing project

Post by frankAS » Tue 16 Feb 2016 19:40

Hi,

I'm receiving an error from Review Assistant where a user (I am assuming from AD) is saying a user has already been added. We are trying to connect Review Assistant to our existing project that does not include this user.

Steps to reproduce:
Using Review Assistant 3.0.54 trial edition

1. Open "Review Assistant Options"
2. Click "Import Projects from Team Foundation Server..."
3. Choose the project

Error received:
Connection error:
Constraint violated.
User with name '(user's name)' has already been added
After looking through the current Active Directory users in the Users pane, I do notice this user comes up twice, but has different logins to AD. This user has nothing to do with our project so he should not be included in it at all.

Is there a fix we can implement to exclude this user? I do not have access to any administrative interface for Active Directory or TFS, so I cannot modify this user on the server(s).

Artem
Devart Team

Re: Constraint Violated 'User has already been added' when importing project

Post by Artem » Wed 17 Feb 2016 13:04

frankAS wrote:This user has nothing to do with our project so he should not be included in it at all.
Very strange, Review Assistant imports users from the project groups only. So, it seems that both users (with same name) are included into some project groups.

It may be some culture-specific bug. Does the user name contain some non-ASCII chatacter? What regional settings are used on the server and client sides?

jimmyd

Post by jimmyd » Thu 03 Mar 2016 20:00

Any resolution to this issue? I am experiencing it as well. Username has no special characters and was imported from TFS.

Thanks.

Artem
Devart Team

Post by Artem » Fri 04 Mar 2016 11:16

As a workaround, try exporting the user from AD and then renaming it:
https://www.devart.com/review-assistant ... users.html