Local Server - need to be onled ine so everybody can work?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding code review tool for Visual Studio – Review Assistant
Falke88

Local Server - need to be onled ine so everybody can work?

Post by Falke88 » Sun 03 May 2015 20:11

Heya Guys!

I'm kinda confused on how to use Review Assistant right. I started a project @ Visual Studio Online and VS 2013 Pro. We are a team out of 3 developers and would love to work with Review Assistant.

Today I started to install it. But failed on the server connection. I looked up the documentation for "local server". Then I kinda felt weird because that all sounds more like a local network thingie. But our team is connected through internet.

I read about two other server solutions with virtual machines. Both ways do cost money - so I know miss the free part on using Review Assistant.

Can anybody tell me how I can work with my two buddys from another country together?
Or isn't there way to do so?

greets Charlie

AlexeyN
Devart Team

Re: Local Server - need to be onled ine so everybody can work?

Post by AlexeyN » Tue 05 May 2015 11:24

Hello,

You should just install Review Assistant server to your machine, check that your firewall is not blocking Review Assistant inbound and outbound connections, ask your friends to install Review Assistant clients and connect to your server. By default, connection string will look like http://YOUR_IP:85/ReviewAssistant . A domain name can be used instead of YOUR_IP.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact us.