Comments not visible after review is closed

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding code review tool for Visual Studio – Review Assistant
recognize

Comments not visible after review is closed

Post by recognize » Wed 26 Jun 2013 21:11

Hi there,

I just installed the trial version of Review Assistant to be used by my development team.
At a first glance it seems very easy to use and we might get the company to buy a licence to be used after the 30 days are over.
On my first tests I realized that after a review is closed the comments can not be seen anymore when using the reviews archive.
Having the comments could be usefull for future reference to check what has been changed during the review and why.
Is it like this or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.
Rui Miguel Silva

AlexeyN
Devart Team

Re: Comments not visible after review is closed

Post by AlexeyN » Thu 27 Jun 2013 11:02

Hello,

You can type the file name in the search box in the top right corner - and Review Assistant will show you only those reviews (and comments in them), that are related to this file, only according to a selected filter (My Reviews, Archive, etc.).
Unfortunately, there is no mechanism now to see comments as labels in the text editor for the closed reviews. Of course, you can reopen a comment and see it. We will think how to solve the issue in the future Review Assistant versions.