Doing Review on shelveset has strange path for files and they cannot be opened

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding code review tool for Visual Studio – Review Assistant
bbusacker

Doing Review on shelveset has strange path for files and they cannot be opened

Post by bbusacker » Thu 30 May 2013 18:31

I cannot open any of the files in the review that are in the shelveset. They show up but when I double click on them I get the following error message:

--------------------------------
Review Assistant
File cannot be opened. You may be trying to open
a file that was removed in an earlier or current revision
OK

When I hover over each file the tooltip shows a strange path:

<working director>\$\<remote directory to file in TFS>
(i.e. c:\users\username\desktop\$\teamproject\tools\filename.ext)

Can you please help me get shelveset reviewing working? We're evaluating this tool and this is our only current blocking issue. Thanks.

Brandon

AlexeyN
Devart Team

Re: Doing Review on shelveset has strange path for files and they cannot be opened

Post by AlexeyN » Fri 31 May 2013 09:10

We have a minor issue, which we will fix in the nearest build.
Please, type your Review Assistant remote directory as it appears in TFS Source Control Explorer (hit 'Source location' and copy it) without any unnecessary whitespaces. The Remote directory option is case- and whitespaces-sensitive now.

bbusacker

Re: Doing Review on shelveset has strange path for files and they cannot be opened

Post by bbusacker » Fri 31 May 2013 22:10

I'm not following your suggestion. There is no whitespace in the path. I thought it was a problem of having two separate areas of source control combined in one review but that does not appear to be the issue. I'll enter a support request and include a couple screenshots.