All review not showing all reviews?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding code review tool for Visual Studio – Review Assistant
jfcote

All review not showing all reviews?

Post by jfcote » Mon 15 Apr 2013 15:22

Hello,

My team and I are evaluating your product. Is it normal that when the project B is not your active project, you don't see the review that someone has created for you in this project?

I've created 3 project, Project A (trunk), Project B (older version which is a branch) and Project C (old old old version that we still maintain for some client, a branch too). We mainly work on Project A but do some code change in Project B and Project C. Everyone has the project A as the active project except when someone is actually working on the Project B or C and then creating a review on project B for example.

I was expecting the reviewer to see his review from Project B even if he is currently working in Project A but that's not the case!

What can we do to address the situation? We can't just tell every programmer to look in each project a couple of time during the day, it will not be productive.

Thanks

Jean-Francois Cote, ing.

AlexeyN
Devart Team

Re: All review not showing all reviews?

Post by AlexeyN » Tue 16 Apr 2013 15:38

Unfortunately, there is no way to do this, Review Assistant shows notifications only for the active project. Please create your suggestion and describe it at our UserVoice: http://devart.uservoice.com/forums/1453 ... -assistant

As a workaround, you can create one project with all repositories in it, so you will get all notifications.

jfcote

Post by jfcote » Tue 16 Apr 2013 19:10

Hi,

We will try this workaround but I'm afraid it will be a total mess when it comes to the choice of the revision to add in the review because it will show the revision from ALL the repository...

We'll see!

Thanks

AlexeyN
Devart Team

Post by AlexeyN » Wed 17 Apr 2013 10:13

When you create a new review, you choose a repository first, then you select revisions from it. So Review Assistant shows revisions only for a selected repository (except the situation you described before), not for all ones involved to the project.

jfcote

Post by jfcote » Wed 17 Apr 2013 11:44

Thanks for the info.

We are curently trying this setup (one project) and it seems to be ok for everyone.