Question on using the Review Assistant - 'Accept Changes'

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding code review tool for Visual Studio – Review Assistant
udayr

Question on using the Review Assistant - 'Accept Changes'

Post by udayr » Wed 22 Oct 2014 14:54

Hi,

I have quick question on using the Review Assistant.

When the author requests for a review, does the reviewer rejects the changes even if he has just comments? or the rejects only when there is 'defect' found?

In short, do the reviewer 'Accept Changes' only when there are absolutely no comments or defects?

Thanks for you time.

Uday

AlexeyN
Devart Team

Re: Question on using the Review Assistant - 'Accept Changes'

Post by AlexeyN » Thu 23 Oct 2014 10:30

It strictly depends on your needs. For example, in our team, reviewer sets author as a moderator and accepts review, when reviewer agrees with code but wants from reviewer to do some unimportant changes (e.g. move or rename method). This solution guarantees that reviewer will see those comments.

udayr

Post by udayr » Mon 27 Oct 2014 17:27

AlexeyN wrote:It strictly depends on your needs. For example, in our team, reviewer sets author as a moderator and accepts review, when reviewer agrees with code but wants from reviewer to do some unimportant changes (e.g. move or rename method). This solution guarantees that reviewer will see those comments.
Thanks Alexey for the response. It helps.

I think you used 'reviewer' instead of 'author' in your response above. I am correcting it based on what I understood. Correct me if I am wrong.
AlexeyN wrote:It strictly depends on your needs. For example, in our team, reviewer sets author as a moderator and accepts review, when reviewer agrees with code but wants from author to do some unimportant changes (e.g. move or rename method). This solution guarantees that author will see those comments.

AlexeyN
Devart Team

Post by AlexeyN » Tue 28 Oct 2014 10:55

Yes, you are correct!