iOS Problem

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding LiteDAC (SQLite Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
bzwirs

iOS Problem

Post by bzwirs » Mon 23 Oct 2017 07:18

Delphi Tokyo 10.2
Firemonkey
LiteDac latest version

Using Firemonkey to develop multi device app although mainly intended for iPhone5. Using SQLite3 database containing 6 tables. The app has menu option to retrieve data from a database on a remote server (over a VPN) and populate some tables in the database. The main function of the app is to select a site and a problem from the data retrieved and stored in the tables and send either Email/SMS to selected person/s. Details of the site/problem are then uploaded back to the remote database on server. When compiled for Win32, all works perfectly as it should.

When I compile to iOS device (iPhone5) data is retrieved and stored correctly (so the database is there and seems to work). However when I select a site and problem the data is not stored to the database table for that purpose (using TLiteQry). Have included a data grid only for testing purposes and it also shows there is no record created. The code used to insert a record is:

Code: Select all

TempServQry.Insert;
         ...assign values to fields
        TempServQry.Post;
I cannot understand why this works perfectly for Win32 but not for iOS. I am compiling direct to iPhone5 using Ad-Hoc provisioning profile....not to simulator on Mac Book.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Bill Zwirs

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: iOS Problem

Post by MaximG » Tue 24 Oct 2017 09:25

We could not reproduce the error according to your description. To further investigate the issue, compose and send us a small sample, execution of which causes the issue. You can do it via the e-support form ( https://www.devart.com the "Support"\"Request Support" menu)