delphi 10.1, Android and datasource vs. live bindings

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding LiteDAC (SQLite Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
dragonstar

delphi 10.1, Android and datasource vs. live bindings

Post by dragonstar » Sat 29 Oct 2016 16:16

I'm curious how liteDac will work under Delphi 10.1 when developing an Android app as those db components don't work via any kind of datasource object rather having to go through live bindings - but I still see just a datasource in the liteDac component list and nothing about whether we can use db object live bindings to be able to hook up to a liteDac query or table object.

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, point me in the right direction please if so.

drc :)

MaximG
Devart Team

Re: delphi 10.1, Android and datasource vs. live bindings

Post by MaximG » Tue 01 Nov 2016 07:39

Please specify, what difficulties you experience, using LiteDAC ? When working with visual DB-aware controls, LiteDAC uses the standard means, i.e., those provided by any TDataSet descendant. The example of using LiteDAC technology and LiveBinding is present in our demos: [LiteDAC install folder]\Demos\Mobile\

dragonstar

Post by dragonstar » Tue 01 Nov 2016 12:44

I have no specific details as this is a pre-use question, however if this is a demo showing how to use the product via live bindings I'm happy.

Thanks for your time and answer.

drc :)

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Tue 01 Nov 2016 14:21

We were glad to help you. Please don't hesitate to contact us with questions concerning LiteDAC usage.