Keyword not supported: 'Connect Timeout'

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for universal data access
cmarcela

Keyword not supported: 'Connect Timeout'

Post by cmarcela » Mon 26 May 2014 17:38

Hi,

We are using Devart version "dot Universal 3.10" with Oracle and SQL Server connection. We have the following connection string with SQL Server ConnectionString = Provider=SQL Server;server=XX.X.XXX.XX;initial catalog=XXX;user id=XXX;password=XXX;connection timeout=10; and it's operating correctly.

Now, we want to upgrade to version "dot Universal 3.50" and we are testing our applications. There is a error with the SQL Sever connection:
- ConnectionString = Provider=SQL Server;server=XX.X.XXX.XX;initial catalog=XXX;user id=XXX;password=XXX;connection timeout=10;
- When open the connection: SQLConnection.Open(); Displays an error: "Keyword not supported: 'Connect Timeout'.". I don't know what happens.

Note: I have written 'Connection Timeout=10' and displays the same error.

Can you help me please!

Thanks

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Keyword not supported: 'Connect Timeout'

Post by Pinturiccio » Tue 27 May 2014 14:53

We have reproduced the issue. We will investigate it and post here about the results as soon as possible.
cmarcela wrote:Note: I have written 'Connection Timeout=10' and displays the same error.
It doesn't matter whether you capitalize the parameter name or not. Case is not important for connection string parameter names.

cmarcela

Post by cmarcela » Mon 02 Jun 2014 08:33

Hi,

Thanks for your response!

Do you have any information for this issue? We need to know what is the problem. We want to upgrade the driver, but with this error now is imposible.

Thanks

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Tue 03 Jun 2014 14:41

We are investigating the issue and will post here about the results as soon as possible.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Wed 11 Jun 2014 09:26

We have fixed the bug with using Connection Timeout parameter in a connection string for SQL Server. We will post here when the corresponding build of dotConnect Universal is available for download.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Thu 12 Jun 2014 15:56

New build of dotConnect Universal 3.50.678 is available for download now!
It can be downloaded from http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/univer ... nload.html (trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with valid subscription only).
For more information, please refer to http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?t=29773

cmarcela

Post by cmarcela » Mon 30 Jun 2014 10:30

I have downloaded the new build of dotConnect Universal 3.50.678 and it works correctly using Connection Timeout parameter.

Thanks