Strange DataSet Parameter datatype issues!!!!

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for universal data access
mpatsias

Strange DataSet Parameter datatype issues!!!!

Post by mpatsias » Tue 05 Nov 2013 17:23

I am trying to evaluate dotConnect Universal for the last couple of days but I experience a lot of problems when trying to use datasets with table adapters.
I using a SQL Server 2008 R2 database with Visual Studio 2008 and a VB.NET Windows application project.

I experience the same behavior both the the Dataset wizard and the traditional VS window (Add new datarce).

The initial Parameters populated are almost correct with the exception of NVARCHAR where the parameter's Provider Type is set to VarChar !!!

However the huge issue is when I try to reconfigure the dataset or alter the SQL command text.
The Provider Type attribute if messed up for all columns!
Int are mapped to Binary, Strings to DateTime and so on!!!

Marios Patsias

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Strange DataSet Parameter datatype issues!!!!

Post by Pinturiccio » Wed 06 Nov 2013 15:43

mpatsias wrote:The initial Parameters populated are almost correct with the exception of NVARCHAR where the parameter's Provider Type is set to VarChar !!!
We have reproduced the issue. We will investigate it and post here about the results as soon as possible.
mpatsias wrote:However the huge issue is when I try to reconfigure the dataset or alter the SQL command text.
The Provider Type attribute if messed up for all columns!
Int are mapped to Binary, Strings to DateTime and so on!!!
We could not reproduce the issue. Please describe the detailed steps for reproducing the issue. If it is necessary provide the corresponding DDL/DML scripts.

mpatsias

Post by mpatsias » Wed 06 Nov 2013 21:58

Thanks for you quick response.

It seems that the NVARCHAR issue described above, applies for all string data types [CHAR,NCHAR,VARCHAR,NVARCHAR,TEXT,NTEXT] since all of them are mapped to VARCHAR provider type.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Fri 08 Nov 2013 14:47

We have fixed the bug with mapping SqlDbType to UniDbTypes when generating parameters for TableAdapter commands via DataSet Wizard. We will post here when the corresponding build of dotConnect Universal is available for download.

However, we still cannot reproduce the second issue. Please describe the detailed steps for reproducing the issue. If it is necessary, provide the corresponding DDL/DML scripts.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Thu 14 Nov 2013 13:27

The new build of dotConnect Universal 3.40.486 is available for download now!
It can be downloaded from http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/univer ... nload.html (trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with valid subscription only).
For more information, please refer to http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?t=28327