Issues with membership provider

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for universal data access
unidirect2pro

Issues with membership provider

Post by unidirect2pro » Fri 19 Apr 2013 17:29

Hi, I have some issues with dotconnect universal v 3.40 pro ..

1) when trying to call getRoles in sql server database I get the following error :

Code: Select all

System.Configuration.Provider.ProviderException was caught
  Message=An exception occurred. Please contact your administrator.
  Source=Devart.Data.Universal.Web
  StackTrace:
       at Devart.Common.Web.Providers.DbRoleProvider.GetAllRoles()
       at Devart.Data.Universal.Web.Providers.UniRoleProvider.GetAllRoles()
       at UMS.Controller.Membership.GetRoles(Systems system) in C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\UMS\UMS.Controller\Membership.cs:line 85
       at UMS.View.Pages.Users.Default.DDLLinkToSystems_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\UMS\UMS.View\Pages\Users\Default.aspx.cs:line 463
  InnerException: Devart.Data.Universal.UniException
       Message=Invalid column name 'applicationname'.
       Source=Devart.Data.Universal
       ErrorCode=-2147467259
       StackTrace:
            at Devart.Data.Universal.UniCommand.a(CommandBehavior A_0, IDisposable A_1, Int32 A_2, Int32 A_3, Boolean A_4)
            at Devart.Data.Universal.UniCommand.InternalExecute(CommandBehavior behavior, IDisposable stmt, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords)
            at Devart.Common.DbCommandBase.InternalExecute(CommandBehavior behavior, IDisposable stmt, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, Boolean nonQuery)
            at Devart.Common.DbCommandBase.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior, Boolean nonQuery)
            at Devart.Common.DbCommandBase.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
            at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader()
            at Devart.Common.Web.Providers.DbRoleProvider.GetAllRoles()
       InnerException: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException
            Message=Invalid column name 'applicationname'.
            Source=.Net SqlClient Data Provider
            ErrorCode=-2146232060
            Class=16
            LineNumber=1
            Number=207
            Procedure=""
            Server=.\SQLEXPRESS
            State=1
            StackTrace:
                 at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
                 at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
                 at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning()
                 at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
                 at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()
                 at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
                 at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
                 at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
                 at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
                 at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
                 at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
                 at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
                 at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
                 at Devart.Data.Universal.UniCommand.a(CommandBehavior A_0, IDisposable A_1, Int32 A_2, Int32 A_3, Boolean A_4)
            InnerException: 

I use to have the same issues with trial with both sql server and my sql but in the pro I only have this issues in the sql server.

2): with Memebrship.Create() on all Oracle , SQL server , MY SQL , I Get this following error :

Code: Select all

System.Configuration.Provider.ProviderException was caught
  Message=An exception occurred. Please contact your administrator.
  StackTrace:
       at Devart.Common.Web.Providers.DbMembershipProvider.CreateUser(String username, String password, String email, String passwordQuestion, String passwordAnswer, Boolean isApproved, Object userId, MembershipCreateStatus& status)
       at Devart.Data.Universal.Web.Providers.UniMembershipProvider.CreateUser(String username, String password, String email, String passwordQuestion, String passwordAnswer, Boolean isApproved, Object providerUserKey, MembershipCreateStatus& status)
       at UMS.Controller.Membership.Create(String userName, String password, String email, String[] userInRoles, Systems system, Boolean addToUMS) in C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\UMS\UMS.Controller\Membership.cs:line 126
       at UMS.View.Pages.Users.Default.BtnLinkThisUser_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\UMS\UMS.View\Pages\Users\Default.aspx.cs:line 551
  InnerException: System.ArgumentException
       Message=userId
       StackTrace:
            at Devart.Common.Web.Providers.DbMembershipProvider.CreateUser(String username, String password, String email, String passwordQuestion, String passwordAnswer, Boolean isApproved, Object userId, MembershipCreateStatus& status)
       InnerException: 
=========================================

Table in database for oracle and my sql was created using devart sql script.
for sql server , created using aspreg_sql script..

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Issues with membership provider

Post by Pinturiccio » Thu 25 Apr 2013 14:55

We could not reproduce the issue. Please send us the web.config files of the applications with which the issue is reproduced. Please also specify the exact version of dotConnect Universal 3.40.***.
unidirect2pro wrote:1) when trying to call getRoles in sql server database I get the following error :
Make sure that there is the dbo.aspnet_Application table with the ApplicationName column in the database specified in the connection string of your roleManager.

Please also provide the screenshots of the 'aspnet_Applications' and 'aspnet_Roles' table schemas.

If possible, create and send us a small test project for reproducing the issue. If necessary, please also provide the DML scripts.
unidirect2pro wrote:with Memebrship.Create() on all Oracle , SQL server , MY SQL , I Get this following error :
Please send us the screenshots of the 'aspnet_roles' table schema.

If possible create and send us a small test project for reproducing the issue. If necessary send also DML scripts.