SQL Server Compact + SQLite on Compact Framework 2.0

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for universal data access
brian71us

SQL Server Compact + SQLite on Compact Framework 2.0

Post by brian71us » Tue 27 Nov 2012 19:32

Hello,

I've recently been asked to develop applications for a Windows Embedded CE 6.0 device using the .NET Compact Framework 2.0. The device has SQL Server Compact Edition on it and I'm working on getting SQLite to operate on it as well.

Will the dotConnect Universal library work on this device with SQL Server Compace and SQLite as the databases?

Thank you,
Brian Wheatley

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: SQL Server Compact + SQLite on Compact Framework 2.0

Post by Pinturiccio » Fri 30 Nov 2012 14:38

The Mobile Edition of dotConnect Universal can work only with the following servers: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL. So you can use dotConnect Universal for working with SQL Server Compact Edition, but not with the SQLite database under Windows CE.

brian71us

Post by brian71us » Fri 30 Nov 2012 18:18

Can SQLite be added?

I've used the desktop edition and was able to add support for NexusDB's ADO.NET provider using the UniProvider component.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Fri 07 Dec 2012 11:19

Yes, you can add any ADO.NET Compact Framework provider to dotConnect Universal Mobile. In a non-Mobile edition of dotConnect Universal you can register a ADO.NET provider in two ways:
- using the UniProvider component;
- implementing the IUniProvider interface.

dotConnect Universal Mobile doesn't have the UniProvider class, so you have to implement the IUniProvider interface. We have sent you a file with an example of how to implement the IUniProvider interface.

Devart doesn't have a ADO.NET Compact Framework provider for SQLite.