GUI to Build a Connection String

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for universal data access
frankruthardt

GUI to Build a Connection String

Post by frankruthardt » Fri 27 Feb 2009 11:41

hello,

I'm interessted of using the uni-direct-driver to replace my full data access. Normally in my applications the used database is chosen at the customer's pc.
So i have to deliver an assistent to build the connection strings.
Is there a dialog which provides for each supported driver the correct fields? Its no solution to ask the user for a servername while he's using an access-file for example.

thanks for your answers
Frank

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 02 Mar 2009 13:35

You can use the CoreLab.UniDirect.UniConnectionStringBuilder object and the System.Windows.Forms.PropertyGrid component for the task you have described. We are sending you a small test application that gives an example of such implementation to the e-mail you have given when registering at our forum.

[email protected]

Send Also

Post by [email protected] » Tue 17 Mar 2009 22:41

Please send me the sample to create connection strings with a GUI. I could not find any sample in your sample code to do this. Please send right away. Anxious to try this out.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Send Also

Post by Shalex » Wed 18 Mar 2009 11:03

[email protected] wrote:Please send me the sample to create connection strings with a GUI. I could not find any sample in your sample code to do this. Please send right away. Anxious to try this out.
We have sent a sample to you. If you don't receive it, please provide me another e-mail address that would not reject attachments.