Problem Installing DevArt dotConnect for FreshBooks

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Cloud Applications
redsoxfred

Problem Installing DevArt dotConnect for FreshBooks

Post by redsoxfred » Fri 14 Oct 2016 15:41

Hello.

I am having real problems installing dotConnect for FreshBooks.

I keep getting a message saying

The Installer Detected an incompatible version of another Devart product.

if I click Details I get This

Devart.Data assembly version 5.0.1506.0 is found in Global Assembly Cache.

However, when i search my GAC, there are no DevArt dlls left.

I had installed Entity Developer a while back as a trial, but I removed it now....

I rebooted a couple of times, double checked the gac. Tried to continue installation. It went through but however when i try to create a Ado.Net Entity Data Model in a test C# project I choose

1. EF Designer from Database
2. I create my connection to Freshbooks and click test (works)

then when it tries to get the tables and objects from my freshbooks connection context.

I get this error.

The inner exception caught was of type System.Data.Entity.Core.ProviderIncompatibleException with the error message: The provider did not create a commandDefinition.

The inner exception caught was of type MissingFieldException, Field Not Found.....

If I try to use the Devart Entity Developer. I get to Retrieving Metadata... and then this

Could not load file or assembly "Microsoft.SqlServer.Types, Version 10.0.0.0 ...." The located assembly's manifest definition does not mathc the asembly reference.

If I had the empty model, my database explorer gives me this error when i try to expand the tables

Could not load file or assembly "Microsoft.SqlServer.Types, Version 10.0.0.0 ...." The located assembly's manifest definition does not mathc the asembly reference.

thanks for you help

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Problem Installing DevArt dotConnect for FreshBooks

Post by Shalex » Mon 17 Oct 2016 14:33

redsoxfred wrote:Devart.Data assembly version 5.0.1506.0 is found in Global Assembly Cache.
However, when i search my GAC, there are no DevArt dlls left.
1. If uninstall process didn't remove the Devart.Data folder in your environment for some reason, try using some file manager (e.g.: https://x-diesel.com/ ) and navigate to C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\ and remove the Devart.Data folder.

JIC
The full reinstall with checking environment:
a) uninstall dotConnect for Freshbooks and other Devart ADO.NET products
b) make sure that there are no Devart.* and policy.*.Devart.* files in the following folders:
* GAC 2.0 (\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\)
* GAC 4.0 (\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\)
and in this registry key:
* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls
c) clear the directories:
* \Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio __._\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\Devart\
* \Program Files (x86)\Devart\
* \Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Devart\
* \Documents and Settings\All Users\Devart\EntityDeveloper\
* \Documents and Settings\All Users\Devart\dotConnect\
d) run installation of dotConnect for FreshBooks via its right click > Run as administrator menu
redsoxfred wrote:Could not load file or assembly "Microsoft.SqlServer.Types, Version 10.0.0.0 ...." The located assembly's manifest definition does not mathc the asembly reference.
2. Please try installing the latest SSDT update. Does this help?