SSIS - specify TLS version

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Cloud Applications
Valentino

SSIS - specify TLS version

Post by Valentino » Tue 28 Jun 2016 08:45

Hi,

We are using the devart SSIS components to extract/upload data from/to Salesforce. Recently we started facing the following issue: "UNSUPPORTED_CLIENT: TLS 1.0 has been disabled in this organization. Please use TLS 1.1 or higher when connecting to Salesforce using https.".

I upgraded the components to the latest version (dotConnect for Salesforce Professional -
Version 3.1.45 (23-Jun-2016)) but unfortunately the issue still remains.

I found the following comment in your revision history: "The behaviour is changed: usage of TLS 1.0 is no longer hardcoded in the provider, now the necessary TLS version can be specified in user application"

So now my question is, how can I specify the TLS version to be used by the SSIS component or connection manager? I've been searching through the properties of the connection manager on the Advanced page but cannot find a property that allows this...

Looking forward to your reply!

Thanks,
Valentino.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: SSIS - specify TLS version

Post by Shalex » Tue 28 Jun 2016 13:27

Please refer to viewtopic.php?f=38&t=33468. Does this help?

Valentino

Post by Valentino » Wed 29 Jun 2016 07:26

I had already seen that and applied the registry hack, with success. But I would have hoped that the devart source component (or connection manager) would allow me to pass in the expected TLS version. Apparently that is not the case. I don't see how using a Script Task would work, agreed, possibly it works when running the package (though not entirely sure) but developing would still be an issue as the source component tries to connect to Salesforce to load the metadata...

Any plans on getting a TLS Version property implemented on the connection manager?

Thanks for your reply!

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 01 Jul 2016 09:48

Valentino wrote:Any plans on getting a TLS Version property implemented on the connection manager?
Thank you for your suggestion. We will investigate the possibility of implementing this feature and notify you about the result.

Valentino

Post by Valentino » Fri 01 Jul 2016 11:11

Thanks, that would be great! I'm sure your customers will appreciate this feature because it means they no longer have to change the server settings through that registry edit. (and thus possibly impact other applications)

Looking forward to this :D

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 16 Dec 2016 13:04

The new 1.5.352 (08-Dec-2016) build of Devart SSIS Data Flow Components includes improvement: the necessary TLS version should be determined by Salesforce connection automatically.

Valentino

Post by Valentino » Tue 20 Dec 2016 09:17

Great news, thanks for the notification!