Sourcecode file pgSQLProtocol.pas

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding PgDAC (PostgreSQL Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
Yves

Sourcecode file pgSQLProtocol.pas

Post by Yves » Thu 08 Dec 2016 10:25

Hi

I have installed UniDac 6.4.16 unidac64d21.exe for Delphi XE7.
I have also the source code unidac64src.zip that contains a folder UniDAC last modifified 21-11-2016 16:26
I have placed the source files in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\Source

For debugging Eurekalog shows "EAssertion failure" (D:\Projects\Delphi\Dac\PostgreSql\pgSQLProtocol.pas), line 1342
In Delphi XE7 I've added the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\Source in the browsing path, not the Library path

In the folder and sub folders of C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\Source there is no pgSQLProtocol.pas,
Only a pgSQLProtocolUni.pas but that is not the same.

Where can I find the file pgSQLProtocol.pas ? This to investigate further the EAssertion failure

azyk
Devart Team

Re: Sourcecode file pgSQLProtocol.pas

Post by azyk » Fri 09 Dec 2016 11:23

The path in the assert text D:\Projects\Delphi\Dac\PostgreSql\ tells that you use UniDAC libraries which are assembled in Devart, but not UniDAC sources.

To use UniDAC sources it is necessary to add paths not for Browsing Path, but for the Library Path variable. Besides the 'UniDAC\Source' value (basic UniDAC modules) add also the paths for each UniDAC provider, e.g. for PostgreSQL it will be the 'UniDAC\Source\UniProviders\PostgreSQL' value. Take into account, that Library Path values for UniDAC sources should be placed above the UniDAC installer ones in the path list.

Considering that you decompressed 'UniDAC\Source' from the sources archive to the folder 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\Source', the correct list in Library Path will be the following one:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\Source
C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\Source\UniProviders\PostgreSQL
C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\UniDAC for RAD Studio XE7\Lib\Win32
C:\Program Files (x86)\Devart\UniDAC for RAD Studio XE7\Bin\Win32