PgDAC and Postgres Advanced Server?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding PgDAC (PostgreSQL Data Access Components) for Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and FPC)
upscene

PgDAC and Postgres Advanced Server?

Post by upscene » Tue 17 May 2016 11:33

Hello,

I'm using PgDAC to access PostgreSQL and it works fine, but it seems not to fully support Postgres Advanced Server (from EnterpriseDB).

For example, executing CREATE PROCEDURE with script fails. I'll take it creating a PACKAGE fails as well.

Can this be supported? It's a few DDL statements and for the rest, pretty much the same.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies

azyk
Devart Team

Re: PgDAC and Postgres Advanced Server?

Post by azyk » Wed 18 May 2016 09:57

We don't plan to implement support for Postgres Advanced Server in PgDAC anytime soon. If you want us to support Postgres Advanced Server, you can post a suggestion on our UserVoice page ( https://devart.uservoice.com/forums/104 ... 939-unidac ) . If the suggestion gets a lot of votes, we will consider the possibility to implement it.

upscene

Post by upscene » Fri 20 May 2016 07:31

I'm surprised you take this viewpoint. Postgres Advanced Server is an extended version of PostgreSQL.

Why not support it by default?

MaximG
Devart Team

Post by MaximG » Wed 01 Jun 2016 08:41

We understand that Postgres Plus Advanced Server is a commercial extension of PostgreSQL server. However, before supporting any features of any commercial product, we must investigate the user interest to it. This is needed for correct priorities setting among the tasks that our team works on. For the time being, we have received only one request to support Postgres Plus Advanced Server, therefore we advised you to refer to this service https://devart.uservoice.com . We will certainly implement support for Postgres Plus Advanced Server in case users are interested in it.