How to stop SQL Complete from opening script files before SSMS starts?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
Thenrich

How to stop SQL Complete from opening script files before SSMS starts?

Post by Thenrich » Wed 13 Dec 2017 19:31

There's an annoying feature in SQL Complete. I tried to open a very large sql file and SSMS got stuck with it and I had to kill SSMS. Now every time SSMS starts it's trying to restore the file and I am in this silly loop where SSMS is stuck trying to open it. Even though the file is called sqlquery2.sql, I can't find this file anywhere on my machine so it seems SQL Complete has it under a different name!!? I can't delete the file. Where are these files located?

There needs to be a way to get out of this loop. At least SSMS asks me if I want to recover files.
I had to uninstall SQL Complete.
Also the uninstaller requires me to close all the Visual Studio instances even though I don't have SQL Complete installed in it. Another annoying feature. It should be smart enough to no force me to do this.

After I reinstalled SQL Complete, it's still trying to open the large file. it seems I have to check some of those boxes during the uninstallation.

I am using another version of SSMS until I can get rid of this problem.

alexa

Re: How to stop SQL Complete from opening script files before SSMS starts?

Post by alexa » Thu 14 Dec 2017 12:02

In order to resolve this, please try removing the file docsessions.db from the following folder:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Devart\dbForge SQL Complete\