Execute Current Statement Broken?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
Cyrus

Execute Current Statement Broken?

Post by Cyrus » Mon 20 Nov 2017 05:00

GDay,

Just wondering if it is just me or is the Execute Current Statement functionality not working? I am using SSMS 2017 and SQL Complete Express 5.7.206. The items in the pull down menu for this functionality are all grayed out for me?

Cheers,
Cyrus

Deniss

Re: Execute Current Statement Broken?

Post by Deniss » Tue 21 Nov 2017 11:41

If the Execute Current Statement item is not active, it means that the parcing limit for scrips larger than 30 Mb sprang into action. So far, the functionality does not work for the files exceeding 30 Mb.

Cyrus

Post by Cyrus » Wed 22 Nov 2017 04:05

GDay Deniss,

Thanks for your prompt reply, at first I thought your suggestion was excatly my issue, as I have some fairly big sql files, and so I tried just having a simple query as per below:

Notice the blue bar along the bottom with the warning and in the pull down menu the execute current statement are still unavailable out?

Am I doing something wrong or do I need to perform some other action? Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Cy

Deniss

Post by Deniss » Wed 22 Nov 2017 10:51

Thank you for your screenshot. We noticed that the Code Completion is disabled in the screenshot.
That is why all its items are not available. To enable the functionality, select the SQL Complete -> Enable Code Completion menu item. Alternatively, select the "Enable code complete" option in the SQL Complete -> Options -> General menu.

Cyrus

Post by Cyrus » Thu 23 Nov 2017 05:14

GDay Deniss,

Thank you very much, I'm not sure how it was turned off, but this has fixed my issue, thank you so much for your assistance, it is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Cyrus

Deniss

Post by Deniss » Fri 24 Nov 2017 05:48

Feel free to ask us if you have other questions or issues regarding the product, we'll like to help.