Suggestion: workspaces

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
kanoop

Suggestion: workspaces

Post by kanoop » Mon 07 Aug 2017 11:11

I have a suggestion for a new feature which would save me a lot of time: workspaces.

I am working on a large project with around 900 tables, where anything up to 30 tables, views and procedures can be in progress at a time. Every morning, I have to go through and open up all the tables/views/procedures before I can get going on the day's work.

It would be fabulous if I could open a "workspace" file, much the same as I can in my coding IDE, which would take me back to where I was last night.

It would be even more fabulous if that workspace was automatic on a per-connection basis; in other words the workspace that was most recently open for a connection would automatically re-open when I double-click the connection.

Ooohh.. I get all excited at the thought... :D

alexa

Re: Suggestion: workspaces

Post by alexa » Mon 07 Aug 2017 14:02

You can vote for the following suggestion on our UserVoice forum https://devart.uservoice.com/forums/177 ... -a-project

We collect and analyze the information from this forum in order to make a proper roadmap for future product releases.