Start Page tab

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
goran.genter

Start Page tab

Post by goran.genter » Fri 04 Aug 2017 15:06

After latest update on startup Start Page opens as first tab (if multiple tabs were opened from previous session). Before it was opening as last tab so I always knew which new tabs are from that session and which are old. I could use Start Page as some kind of separator.

Is there a reason it now opens as first tab?

alexa

Re: Start Page tab

Post by alexa » Mon 07 Aug 2017 08:21

We will investigate this issue and will answer you as soon as possible.

goran.genter

Post by goran.genter » Mon 07 Aug 2017 20:56

Also, when this happens then Start Page tab is selected tab (first one and right of it are other tabs).
Then I click New SQL button and tab strip scrolls to last tab but inserts new tab right of Start Page (but not next to Start Page, it's one tab further to the right) so when you have 20 or more tabs open then you need to scroll back to first tab to see this new tab selected.

I've recorded the video of this behaviour:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsNe4BMjw_Y

alexa

Post by alexa » Tue 08 Aug 2017 13:49

After latest update on startup Start Page opens as first tab (if multiple tabs were opened from previous session). Before it was opening as last tab so I always knew which new tabs are from that session and which are old. I could use Start Page as some kind of separator.

Is there a reason it now opens as first tab?
This was made with the purpose to easily find Start Page among many tabs that were restored from the previous session.

goran.genter

Post by goran.genter » Tue 08 Aug 2017 14:46

Ok, but still, I'm not too happy with this change. As seen in the video it causes strange behaviour when opening a new tab after startup. But ok, I've turned off showing of StartPage (Show empty environment) at startup.