Setting "Find and Replace" to default to "Current Document"

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
Drewsonian

Setting "Find and Replace" to default to "Current Document"

Post by Drewsonian » Fri 23 Jun 2017 14:25

Is there a way to set the default of "find and replace" to "Current Document"? It is a little annoying when I think that I'm searching in just one file that I have open and it moves on to a different file. Most other IDEs default to Current Document in my experience (PHPStorm, Visual Studio, Notepad++, etc)

Thanks!

Drewsonian

Re: Setting "Find and Replace" to default to "Current Document"

Post by Drewsonian » Mon 26 Jun 2017 23:56

Also, I dock the "Find" window into the lower left hand corner of the screen, but dbForge doesn't remember where I docked it when I re-open the program. It comes back up in a separate window. I'd like to have it stay docked if I dock it.

YuriP

Post by YuriP » Tue 27 Jun 2017 08:47

Hello,
Drewsonian wrote:Is there a way to set the default of "find and replace" to "Current Document"? It is a little annoying when I think that I'm searching in just one file that I have open and it moves on to a different file. Most other IDEs default to Current Document in my experience (PHPStorm, Visual Studio, Notepad++, etc)
We will fix this problem in the nearest new version of dbForge Studio for SQL Server.
We are planning to release it in july.

Best regards,
Yuri.

YuriP

Post by YuriP » Tue 27 Jun 2017 08:50

Hello,
Drewsonian wrote:Also, I dock the "Find" window into the lower left hand corner of the screen, but dbForge doesn't remember where I docked it when I re-open the program. It comes back up in a separate window. I'd like to have it stay docked if I dock it.
We included fix of this problem in our roadmap.
It will be availble to download in one of the next version.

Best regards,
Yuri.

alexa

Post by alexa » Fri 04 Aug 2017 15:16

We would like to let you know that we have released dbForge Studio for SQL Server v5.5 where this issue is fixed https://www.devart.com/dbforge/sql/studio/download.html

Thank you for your help in improving dbForge Studio for SQL Server.