BUG: Query Builder, modify a filter value then execute doesn't return data based on new filter value

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
robains

BUG: Query Builder, modify a filter value then execute doesn't return data based on new filter value

Post by robains » Mon 12 Jun 2017 17:40

To Replicate (dbForge Studio 5.4.275):
1. Query Builder
2. Select a database, select a table, select * (all columns in table)
3. Check any column in the table, apply a filter (i.e. = "MyValue")
4. Uncheck the column from step 3 (so it's not displayed keeping in my * all columns will be displayed)
5. Execute the query
6. Review data results
7. Go back to Query Builder (visual designer)
8. Change the value only (from step 3 above i.e. to "MyOtherValue")
9. Execute the query
10. BUG: review the data results and they are exactly the same (changes in step 8 are ignored)

Note: make sure in your test case that values from step 3 and 8 exist in whatever Database you use

Cheers, Rob.

alexa

Re: BUG: Query Builder, modify a filter value then execute doesn't return data based on new filter value

Post by alexa » Tue 13 Jun 2017 10:11

Will it be possible to record a video demonstrating the issue or provide us, at least, screenshots including the query builder diagram along with the corresponding query made after each step you described (preferably if you switch to the 'Text' tab and then switch to the 'Split Layout' view of the document)?

You can send a reply straight to our support system at supportATdevartDOTcom and alexaATdevartDOTcom.

robains

Re: BUG: Query Builder, modify a filter value then execute doesn't return data based on new filter value

Post by robains » Tue 13 Jun 2017 16:18

Sorry, my company will not allow any public exposure of our development work.

If you follow my steps to replicate that should expose the bug. The key is to have * (all columns checked) and then check an individual column and apply a filter to it, then uncheck that individual column (key part of replication), run query, get results, then go back and change the value in the filter (of the individual column that is unchecked - not to be displayed) and run the query again and you'll see it doesn't change (uses the old filter value not the new one).

Cheers, Rob.

alexa

Post by alexa » Tue 13 Jun 2017 17:04

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately, we still were not able to reproduce this issue.

Could you please clarify how you change the value of the filter on step 8? Do you check the column on the diagram, change the value in the 'Filter' column being on the 'Selection' tab of the tabbed editor of the query builder document, uncheck the column on the diagram and execute the query?