SQL Complete and Source control causing crashes

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
aiglee

SQL Complete and Source control causing crashes

Post by aiglee » Fri 12 May 2017 14:22

Hi,

Yesterday I installed the latest versions of SQL complete, source control and the some of the other devart products. I was testing them out but sql complete is constantly crashing my Visual Studio and source control is constantly crashing my SSMS.

For SQL Complete and VS:
* SQL complete version installed by the developer bundled downloaded yesterday (dont have the version anymore because I had to uninstall it thanks to making my VS unusable).
* Visual Studio Enterprise 2015 Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3
* Opened a database project and immediately get an error from sql complete saying it needs to restart. Continues even after disabling it. The only solution was to uninstall.

For Source control and SSMS:
* Source control version installed by the developer bundled downloaded yesterday (dont have the version anymore)
* SQL Server 2016 Management Studio version 13.0.16106.4
* Two local databases linked to TFS
* Try to see changes made to the DB. It hangs, have to restart SSMS. Could not do any commits after the initial one where the schema was uploaded to TFS

alexa

Re: SQL Complete and Source control causing crashes

Post by alexa » Sat 13 May 2017 12:05

For SQL Complete and VS:
* SQL complete version installed by the developer bundled downloaded yesterday (dont have the version anymore because I had to uninstall it thanks to making my VS unusable).
* Visual Studio Enterprise 2015 Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3
* Opened a database project and immediately get an error from sql complete saying it needs to restart. Continues even after disabling it. The only solution was to uninstall.
Could you please let us know what project you are opening? How many object does it have?

Also, please provide us a screenshot of the error and perform the following:
1. Run the registry editor (regedit.exe).
2. Navigate to the following branch:

Code: Select all

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Devart\dbForge SQL Complete\Options\Shell\
3. Create a value of type DWORD with the name TraceLevel and set it to 4.
4. Create a value of type String with the name DeleteAppLogFile and set it to False.
5. Reproduce the error and send us a *.log file with the latest date from the following folder:

Code: Select all

%SystemDrive%\Users\%UserName%\AppData\Roaming\Devart\dbForge SQL Complete\
You can send a reply straight to our support system at supportATdevartDOTcom and alexaATdevartDOTcom.