Installation Wizard Fails

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
Dapostol58

Installation Wizard Fails

Post by Dapostol58 » Wed 10 May 2017 13:11

I have been running the Devart dbForge SQL Complete, Express Edition for some time and have never had any issues. After the last update the application was unable to update stating it could not find a necessary file. I uninstalled the application and downloaded the most up-to-date version. During the install process the following pop-up appears: "Devart dbForge SQL Complete, Express Edition - Install Wizard This application requires 'SQL Server Management Studio' or 'Microsoft Visual Studio' to be installed" My only option is 'OK' which closes the dialogue. I am currently running Windows 7 Professional SP1 and have both SSMS 2008 R2 and Visual Studio 2013 Shell (Integrated) installed locally. I would appreciate any insight you can provide in how I may continue to use this product.

alexa

Re: Installation Wizard Fails

Post by alexa » Wed 10 May 2017 13:38

We stopped supporting SSMS 2008 in dbForge SQL Complete.

Also, there is a known issue with integration of dbForge SQL Complete into Visual Studio Shell that should be fixed in the next product build. We will notify you once it's available for downloading.