Schema comparison mapping problem

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
ertank

Schema comparison mapping problem

Post by ertank » Mon 01 May 2017 14:52

Hello,

I am evaluating version 5.4.275 of dbForge for SQL Server.
When trying to do a schema comparison between two databases, I see a field matching problem.

1) My source is a SQL Server 2012 Express edition (11.0.2100) 64bit, destination is a SQL Server 2014 Express (12.0.2000) 64bit edition.
2) Source has new columns (bahsis <float>, indirim <float>, terminalkaydi <tinyint>).
3) In the mapping new columns are not mapped to any destination column and I read them as <None> in Table Mapping on destination side.
4) Destination table has some columns to be dropped (tahsilatagondermezamani <datetime>, tahsilatzamani <datetime>, mobiltahsilat <tinyint>, okctahsilat <tinyint>, poskodu <nvarchar(10)>, posserino <nvarchar(50)>, kasaonay <tinyint>).

Problem is: when I check execution script I see that nearest data type column values in the destination table is copied into one of the new columns which supposed to be all nulls in the source table (terminalkaydi <tinyint> is mapped to mobiltahsilat <tinyint>). Execution script is something like new column is a simple renaming of a new column.

It is only one field I can see that problem happening. Other new columns on the source side all seem to be just fine.

I am not experienced using dbForge. You may need backup copies of both databases, and "scomp" schema file, I rather send them to a Devart e-mail address than providing here.

Lastly, I would like to know if there is a way I modify execution script manually not to have any trouble.

Thanks & regards,
Ertan

alexa

Re: Schema comparison mapping problem

Post by alexa » Wed 03 May 2017 11:30

We will investigate this issue and will answer you as soon as possible.

alexa

Re: Schema comparison mapping problem

Post by alexa » Fri 04 Aug 2017 13:42

We would like to let you know that we have released dbForge Studio for SQL Server v5.5 where the issue you reported is fixed https://www.devart.com/dbforge/sql/studio/download.html

Thank you for your help in improving dbForge Studio for SQL Server.