Cannot register SQL Studio Pro

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
MEngelbyDev

Cannot register SQL Studio Pro

Post by MEngelbyDev » Tue 07 Mar 2017 19:12

In the upper right hand corner of the product window is the text 'trial expires in 9 days'.

I then log into the Customer Portal portion of Devart.com which takes me straight to my licenses. The one product that I have is dbForge Studio for SQL Server Professional and I note that it's status is Activated. To get my new activation key, I click on the view link and copy that to the windows clipboard. Then back in the product I goto Help / Activate Product and paste in the Activation key. Click Activate and the product says the 'Activation is successful'. Close that dialog. The upper right text is now my registered name with a drop down telling me when the activation expires (well into the future).

Yet when I use the product the next day (I'm assuming 24 hours or more later), the product tells me my trial period is going to expire in <days - 1> days.

Obviously I am doing something incorrect. Please advise as I'd like to clear this up before I can't use the product because it thinks I am using a trial version.

alexa

Re: Cannot register SQL Studio Pro

Post by alexa » Thu 09 Mar 2017 10:35

We were able to reproduce this issue and will fix it in the next product build. We will notify you once it's available for downloading.

MEngelbyDev

Post by MEngelbyDev » Tue 28 Mar 2017 16:06

Update: I haven't experienced this issue since the past two point updates: .270 and .275. dbForge Studio hasn't needed to be re-registered. The registration name is accurate with an accurate subscription expiry date.

alexa

Post by alexa » Wed 29 Mar 2017 09:11

That's right. We have fixed the problem.