Make intellisense show table columns first when columns don't start with the term

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
Thenrich

Make intellisense show table columns first when columns don't start with the term

Post by Thenrich » Wed 11 Jan 2017 20:00

I have a column name called AppKey. When I type 'key', the suggestion list seems to go to the first object that starts with key, a function in my case. I would like the focus to be in the columns area even if the column name doesn't start with 'key' but contains 'key'. 99.9% of the time I am going to be selecting a column, not a function.
Therefore it's better if the focus in the list in for columns. Is there a setting for this?

Also the upgrade text is hard to read. I am using a dark theme in SSMS.

alexa

Re: Make intellisense show table columns first when columns don't start with the term

Post by alexa » Fri 13 Jan 2017 15:52

We will investigate this issue and will answer you as soon as possible.

Thenrich

Re: Make intellisense show table columns first when columns don't start with the term

Post by Thenrich » Tue 28 Feb 2017 01:14

What's the status of this?

alexa

Post by alexa » Tue 28 Feb 2017 10:47

We will try to fix this issue in one of the next product builds and will notify you once it's available for downloading.

alexa

Post by alexa » Mon 24 Apr 2017 14:50

We would like to let you know that we have released dbForge SQL Complete, v5.6 where the issue you reported is fixed https://www.devart.com/dbforge/sql/sqlc ... nload.html

Thank you for your help in improving dbForge SQL Complete.

Thenrich

Post by Thenrich » Wed 26 Apr 2017 16:42

I upgraded to v 5.6.146 Express and I am still saying the same behaviors. The dropdown is not focused inside the collection of columns first and the upgrade text doesn't have enough contrast. The contrast is not important. I know what the text says.

alexa

Post by alexa » Thu 27 Apr 2017 09:42

Sorry for the confusion. We are planning to handle this in the next product version.

Our notification was, in fact, related to the following issue:
Also the upgrade text is hard to read. I am using a dark theme in SSMS.