source control SSMS add-in shows unexpected symbol errors

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
babaluga

source control SSMS add-in shows unexpected symbol errors

Post by babaluga » Tue 29 Nov 2016 10:00

Hello,

I'm using the source control add-in in SSMS 2014 with TFS 2013. At first checkin of the database, I get multiple errors like this :

Code: Select all

Error	2	''conversation'' expected (C:\...\dbForge Source Control for SQL Server\Repositories\y0uoxuoc\Programmability\Procedures\proc1.sql)	Source Control: MyDB(myServer)	1	1	

Error	4	Unexpected symbol '=' (C:\...\dbForge Source Control for SQL Server\Repositories\y0uoxuoc\Programmability\Procedures\proc2.sql)	Source Control: MyDB(myServer)	1	1

alexa

Re: source control SSMS add-in shows unexpected symbol errors

Post by alexa » Tue 29 Nov 2016 11:57

We will investigate this issue and will answer you as soon as possible.

babaluga

Post by babaluga » Tue 29 Nov 2016 12:37

Thanks.

Looking at the file in the AppData\Roaming\Devart\dbForge Source Control for SQL Server\Repositories\y0uoxuoc\Programmability\Procedures\ directory, it looks like stuff gets added at the end of the .sql file, which is not present in the stored procedure source, like this :

Code: Select all

select * from #accord2 order by Societe

END
GOselect * from #accord2 order by Societe

END
GO
Everything after the first END is added by ??

Part of my system, and the SQL Server installation, is in French, in case it makes a difference.

alexa

Post by alexa » Tue 29 Nov 2016 13:34

Could you please send us the scripts of the database and repository for investigation?

You can send a reply straight to our support system at supportATdevartDOTcom and alexaATdevartDOTcom