Data comparison - change sync direction

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
alexa

Re: Data comparison - change sync direction

Post by alexa » Fri 01 May 2015 07:25

We are currently reviewing this post and will answer you as soon as possible.

alexa

Post by alexa » Wed 06 May 2015 11:21

Unfortunately, this is a new design of dbForge.

You can change the synchronization direction by selecting 'Change Synchronization Direction' from the popup menu of the grid.

alexa

Post by alexa » Wed 06 May 2015 12:53

At the moment we brought the data generator and data compare features to the common style. In the future versions we are going to get rid of the toolbar as such. All the necessary commands, including the 'Change Synchronization Direction' one, will be transferred to the functional panel that currently contains the 'arrow' button invoking the data synchronization wizard.

gosens

Post by gosens » Wed 01 Mar 2017 22:08

Hello, following up on this even thought he post was from a year and a half ago.

I'm a new DevArt user who is used to using RedGate data compare. The change sync direction is a feature I use regularly. Having the option to place it on the toolbar would make it far easier for me.

Referring to your note that in the future there would be a different functional panel instead of the toolbar, has this happened? I am using the latest version, just installed, and the toolbar is still there. Seeing as the toolbar is still there, could the button be available to add to the sync toolbar or to a custom toolbar?

thank you.

alexa

Post by alexa » Fri 04 Aug 2017 09:49

We added that button in dbForge Studio for SQL Server, v5.5 https://www.devart.com/dbforge/sql/studio/download.html

Thank you for your help in improving dbForge Studio for SQL Server.

gosens

Post by gosens » Mon 07 Aug 2017 03:54

Alexa, thank you for the update and for listening to the request. Perhaps N_A can see it in Studio, however I am using Data Compare, not Studio, and I updated to version 4.2.55 but still do not see it on the comparison toolbar or available to add to it.

If I am missing something and it is there, please point me in the right direction; otherwise please add the button to the comparison toolbar in Data Compare or make it available to add through the Add or Remove Buttons.

Thank you.

alexa

Post by alexa » Mon 07 Aug 2017 08:16

This will be added in the next version of dbForge Data Compare for SQL Server as well.

gosens

Post by gosens » Mon 07 Aug 2017 18:32

Excellent. Thank you.

gosens

Post by gosens » Wed 20 Sep 2017 08:56

Hi Alexa, you indicated that this would be included in the next update of Data Compare, however it is not in the 4.3 update (Aug 30) nor in the most recent 4.3.83 update.

All this needs is an additional button in the comparison toolbar. It doesn't even need to be on by default, just the ability to add it using Add or Remove Buttons > Comaprison > Change Synchronization Direction.

Please add this, it is still quite a frustration in an otherwise excellent product.

thank you.

alexa

Post by alexa » Wed 04 Oct 2017 15:04

Sorry for the delay on this.

We do apologize for this. We will include this toolbar button in the next product build.