Batch File - Access Denied

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
smithzzz

Batch File - Access Denied

Post by smithzzz » Thu 20 Jul 2017 13:41

I'm having trouble using command line to run a Data Import. Everything looks right to me but I keep getting "Access Denied." If I run the process inside of dBForge, the import template works fine.

C:\Users\Admin>"C:\Program Files\Devart\dbForge Studio for SQL Server\dbforgesql.com" /dataimport /templatefile:"C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\SQL_Queries\ImportAnlVirtDropShip.dit"

I get this returned...
1>"C:\Program Files\Devart\dbForge Studio for SQL Server\dbforgesql.com"
Access is denied.[/color]

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

alexa

Re: Batch File - Access Denied

Post by alexa » Thu 20 Jul 2017 14:31

You could try running the command line prompt (cmd) with administrator permission. For this, please invoke the 'Run as administrator' command for the application from the popup menu.

Also, the file may be blocked by an antivirus.

smithzzz

Post by smithzzz » Thu 20 Jul 2017 14:52

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, those didn't help.

I do not have anti-virus installed on this PC.
My login account is the administrator. Nonetheless, I tried running it as administrator.

I got a different message saying "C:\Users\Admin is not a recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

With that I thought, I'll remove the "C:\Users\Admin>" from the beginning of the code. Of course that brought up something new... a Windows 10 message. It says "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher."

Is it possible the Standard version of Studio for SQL Server is not compatible with the Windows 10 Pro \ 64-bit OS?

Thanks.

alexa

Post by alexa » Thu 20 Jul 2017 14:57

Thank you for the reply.

Please note that the command line interface is not available in the Standard Edition of dbForge Studio for SQL Server https://www.devart.com/dbforge/sql/studio/editions.html

Though, you can try the Enterprise or Professional Edition https://www.devart.com/dbforge/sql/studio/download.html

smithzzz

Post by smithzzz » Fri 21 Jul 2017 16:57

That didn't seem to be that clear when deciding which version to purchase which is why I went for the Standard Version. I also tested the trial version of Pro thinking it could be the case. It didn't help.

I went ahead and upgraded anyway and sure enough, that solved the problem.

Thanks.

alexa

Post by alexa » Mon 24 Jul 2017 08:52

Thank you for the reply.

Could you please let us know what command line string you typed in the Professional Edition and what error was returned?

smithzzz

Post by smithzzz » Mon 24 Jul 2017 12:49

In the trial version, it was the same command noted earlier in this post and the error was "Access is Denied". It was a "DataImport" function. Once I moved from the trial version to the paid version, it worked.

alexa

Post by alexa » Mon 24 Jul 2017 14:42

Thank you for the reply.

That still might be the Trial version of the Standard Edition where the command line interface for the Data Import/Export feature is not supported.

We just checked the Trial versions of both the Professional and Enterprise editions and the command line interface for the Data Import/Export feature is available there.