dbForge SQL Complete for SQL Server slow keyword formatting

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
asharovarov

dbForge SQL Complete for SQL Server slow keyword formatting

Post by asharovarov » Thu 27 Oct 2016 15:07

dbForge SQL Complete became slow at formatting keywords when I am typing.

I have SQL Complete configure to capitalize all keywords and data types. When I am typing SQL Complete is not capitalizing keywords when I am typing fast. For instance, I am typing "inner join" and SQL Complete may leave "inner" lower case and make "JOIN" upper case. And it is not an issue with configuration, because if I type slower then it capitalizes keywords just fine. So I have to come back and apply formatting again. So it makes me less productive.

I am not a very fast "typer" and I have power workstation: i7 @ 3.5Mhz 6 core (12- hy[perthreaded) CPU with 32GB RAM and flash HD (I don't know if it matters).

I have a colleague sitting next to me complaining about the same, so it is not just me.

Please spend some time tuning your application.

alexa

Re: dbForge SQL Complete for SQL Server slow keyword formatting

Post by alexa » Mon 31 Oct 2016 11:21

To resolve the issue, we suggest you to decrease the response time for Completion List, thereby the response of keywords auto-formatting will speed up. You can set the time in SQL Complete -> Options -> General -> Automatically trigger after. For instance, specify there 1 ms.

Please let us know if the issue still persists.