SQLComplete 4.8 not showing suggestions for database items

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
kquinbar

SQLComplete 4.8 not showing suggestions for database items

Post by kquinbar » Fri 27 Mar 2015 16:07

I just got a new windows 8.1 machine. I have SSMS 2014 installed. I installed SQLComplete Free. when I start typing something like the statement below, after the schema, all I get is a dropdown suggestions window that says Loading... and it never returns. this worked fine on my windows 7 machine with SSMS 2104, so not sure why it would be doing this now. any ideas on what might be causing it to not be able to show suggestions.

select * from somedbname.. <right here is where I would expect table names>

and even
select * from somedbname..sometable where <right here I would expect field names>

Kirk

alexa

Re: SQLComplete 4.8 not showing suggestions for database items

Post by alexa » Fri 27 Mar 2015 16:53

Could you please provide us the system information generated by clicking the 'Send Info' button in the 'System Info Report Contents' window invoked by selecting 'SQL Complete -> About...' from the main menu of SSMS and then clicking the 'View System Info' button in the dialog?

Please also provide us s screenshot displaying SSMS with the suggestion list attempting to load items.

Additionally, please try disabling dbForge SQL Complete as described below, manually invoke the native SSMS intellisense with 'Ctrl+Stace' and let us know if it works unlike dbForge SQL Complete:

1. Select 'SQL Complete -> Options' from the main menu. The 'Options' window opens.
2. Navigate to the 'General' branch.
3. Unselect the 'Enable SQL Complete' option.
4. Click 'OK'.

You can send a reply straight to our support system at supportATdevartDOTcom