Updates with no differences and encrypted objects.

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding database management and development tools for SQL Server
fredzveiter

Updates with no differences and encrypted objects.

Post by fredzveiter » Thu 02 Jul 2009 20:00

Hi people,

I'm evaluating dbForge schema for Sql Server for my company and I'm having some problems when comparing my development database (source) with my production database (target):

1. Some views are pointed as different but they are exactly the same.

2. Some stored procedures are encrypted in production and apparently the application are unable to read them but I check the option "Decrypt encrypted objects" in the comparison properties.

One of our main points in buy this software is to have an applications that handles the sync between this two databases as easily and fast as possible. If we have to carefully examine all items of the comparison each time we perform this operation the software will not be useful.

Thanks in advance,

Frederico Zveiter

Duke
Devart Team

Post by Duke » Fri 03 Jul 2009 07:07

Thank you for the information. We have already discovered these problems. We'll solve them in the next build.

Duke
Devart Team

Post by Duke » Fri 03 Jul 2009 13:44

Could you please provide us with some information that wee need to clarify issue number 2?

* What is your server version?
* Does your account belong to sysadmin role? Execute SELECT IS_SRVROLEMEMBER ('sysadmin') as 'issysadmin' to find it out.
* Is the procedure that our product fails to decrypt numbered one?

Thank you

fredzveiter

Post by fredzveiter » Fri 03 Jul 2009 15:53

Hi Duke,

We managed to find the cause of the first problem: All the views that were accused as different were using the asterisk in the SELECT clause (SELECT * FROM...), after we change this to the explicit list os columns they start to show as equal in comparison. This doesn't cause problems in Sql Server 2000 but it seems that version 2005 doesn't accept that anymore.

On the second issue, we decided by decrypting the procedures to solve the problem.
But, answering your questions:

Q: What is your server version?
A: Source is a Sql Server 2000, target is 2005.

Q: Does your account belong to sysadmin role?
A: No. Our login has many priviledges but does not belong to sysadmin. It's really necessary or can we require some special permission in order to work the decryption feature?

Q: Is the procedure that our product fails to decrypt numbered one?
A: Sorry, I can't understand this question.

Thanks,
Fred

Duke
Devart Team

Post by Duke » Wed 15 Jul 2009 08:58

Working with encrypted objects requires sysadmin role. I wrote earlier that we discovered the problem with encrypted objects, but evidently it's not your case.

Overeating

Re: Updates with no differences and encrypted objects.

Post by Overeating » Fri 09 Jan 2015 06:16

I'm evaluating dbForge schema for Sql Server for my company and I'm having some problems when comparing my development database pmp braindumps - testking (source) with my production database (target)

alexa

Post by alexa » Fri 09 Jan 2015 08:02

Could you please describe this in more detail?

You can send a reply straight to our support system at supportATdevartDOTcom

mithanbaba

Post by mithanbaba » Fri 09 Jan 2015 12:00

If I edit my table the column name has a fixed length. I try this to make it wider, but the grid doesn't respond. I can not see the whole data in the column.
If I read the data in a table, all columns can be extracted to to my required length.

Is this a bug or is there an option to accomplish this?

alexa

Post by alexa » Fri 09 Jan 2015 12:25

Could you please provide us a screenshot of where this happens and specify the full product name and it's version?

mithanbabag

Post by mithanbabag » Fri 30 Jan 2015 07:16

i people,

I'm evaluating dbForge schema for Sql Server for my company and I'm having some problems when comparing my development database (source) with my production database (target):

2. Some stored procedures are encrypted in production and apparently the application are unable to read them but I check the option "Decrypt encrypted objects" in the comparison properties.

One of our main points in buy this software is to have an applications that handles the sync between this two databases as easily and fast as possible. If we have to carefully examine all items of the comparison each time we perform this operation the software will not be useful.

alexa

Post by alexa » Fri 30 Jan 2015 10:52

Could you please provide us the comparison options you had specified on the 'Options' page when performing schema compare? You can export the settings to a file by clicking the 'Save settings to a command line arguments file..' link on the 'Options' page of the comparison wizard or simply provide us the generated *.scomp schema comparison document.

Please also provide us the synchronization script or at least the part of the synchronization script with the objects that are determined by dbForge as different.

Additionally, please provide us the CREATE definitions of the Source and Target objects that are determined by dbForge as different.
In order to decrypt the stored routines, please try using another our product dbForge SQL Decryptor http://www.devart.com/dbforge/sql/sqlde ... nload.html

You can send a reply straight to our support system at supportATdevartDOTcom